Subject: [boost] [gsoc16] Boost rejected as GSoC 2016 org
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-29 17:31:42

Dear Boost,

It is with a heavy heart I write to say that Boost was rejected as an
org for Google Summer of Code 2016 by Google. We had our application
submitted in time, it was reviewed by three members of the Boost
leadership, our ideas list had six solid ideas with an especially
solid seventh on the way, we were in very good standing with Google
and there was no reason to expect rejection. We have asked for
clarification as to why we were rejected, and we shall try to improve
our application next year to improve our chances.

We recognise that many students and mentors will be extremely
disappointed by this news. We share in that disappointment, and all
we can say is please try again next year.

For those students and mentors who are continuing a previous GSoC on
an existing Boost library, there may be a possibility that Boost may
be able to fund those continuations this year. Each case will be
approached by the steering committee on a case by case basis, and be
aware that the standard required for funding by Boost is considerably
above that of Google's with an accompanying high and detailed
standard of funding application to the steering committee. Contact us
privately if you want to know more.

On other news we had been expecting to announce today that Bryce
Adelstein Lelbach has generously agreed to take over as secondary
GSoC admin from Boris Schäling who has served Boost GSoC for
something like four years now, so he has definitely earned himself a
rest! Our thanks to Boris for his service, and welcome Bryce to the
team!

Finally, I'd like to thank Jon Kalb who moved heaven and earth as he
always does to get the GSoC application submitted in time.

Yours,
Niall Douglas

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting