Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc16] An update on GSoC 2016 contingency plans
From: Benedek Thaler (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-02 12:18:57

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Niall Douglas <gsoc-admin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Boost,
>
> We've been collecting a list of veteran Summer of Code students where
> "veteran" means students whom have previously done a Google Summer of
> Code for Boost. It /may/ be possible for us to acquire enough funding
> from a number of contributors to tide over ongoing GSoC projects this
> summer during our year off from Google funding for veteran students
> only. The stipend to the student would be the same as with Google,
> $5,500. The mentor stipend would likely need to be waived under any
> substitute programme.
>

> Extant ongoing summer of code projects known to us are (please send
> corrections of any mistakes):

* Boost.DoubleEnded, mentored by Thorsten Ottosen
https://github.com/erenon/double_ended

Student: Benedek Thaler

I'm currently blocked on other duties, however, I'd like to continue
working on DoubleEnded in the coming months. Todo list includes: fix
benchmark [1], improve documentation (autoindex), 32 build in CI, and
foremost: go through the Boost review process.

Benedek

[0]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/boost-developers-archive/IKlpXMmcDBw
[1]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/boost-developers-archive/gdheNeBJ8Wk/P1YhIM5rFQAJ