Subject: Re: [boost] [C++-sig] Trouble building boost with Visual Studio 2010
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-09 07:38:09

Hi David,

On 09.03.2016 05:04, David Aldrich wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am trying to build Boost 1.60 with Visual Studio 2010 Professional
> on Windows 10.
>

> I use the command:
>

> b2 toolset=msvc-10.0 --with-python link=shared
>

> and get the following error:
>

> python34.lib(python34.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type
> 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

Just a quick guess: is it possible that your "libpython34.dll" file is a
64-bit binary, when the command really requires it to be a 32-bit binary ?

> I guess this means I have a conflict of 32-bit and 64-bit libraries.
> I want to target 32-bit (X86).
>

> Do I need to install a 32-bit version of Python? I wonder if that can
> co-exist with the current version of Python?

I'm unfortunately unable to answer your question, as the question seems
more about the build system than Boost.Python itself.
Therefore I'm including the Boost mailing list in my reply, hoping that
some Boost.Build expert may be able to help.

Regards,
        Stefan