Subject: Re: [boost] 2 regression test failing at under 1.60 (John Maddock)
From: Steven Kelso (skelso068_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-09 11:25:02

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 3:42 AM, <boost-request_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 19:21:26 +0000
> From: John Maddock <jz.maddock_at_[hidden]>
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] 2 regression test failing at under 1.60
>

> On 07/03/2016 17:04, Steven Kelso wrote:
> > I've just started trying to install version 1.60 of boost using the gcc
> > 5.3.0 compiler. With a vanilla download and no chnages it all seems to
> > compile correctly, but I have a problem with 2 library regressions tests
> > not terminating. They have both run for over 18 hours before I had to
> kill
> > them. I was using the options and configuration "out of the box" so
> > optimization was -O3.
>
> I'm unable to reproduce on Ubuntu x64, all the Math lib tests pass fine
> for me with gcc-5.3.0 in both C++03 and C++11 modes.
>
> So you'll need to debug and supply a patch if you're able,
>
> Thanks, John.

I'm trying to find out what exactly is causing the issue here. Would it be
possible for you to show me the 'gcc -###' output so that I can compare to
my version of gcc. Since the failure occurs only with optimization turned
on i'm now leaning towards a compiler issue since I compiled gcc from
source for this test. I'm hoping it's something obvious when I look closer.

So far this has failed on a RHEL6.5 system running a locally compiler gcc
5.3.0 as well as a RHEL 7.2 based system compiled with the same gcc 5.3.0.

Many thanks for your help,