Subject: Re: [boost] 32/64 library name conflict under Windows?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-09 16:19:29

On 2016-03-09 12:35, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> If some people want to split into arch-based folders /x86 /x64 /arm ..., then can't they easily do this at library build time
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_60_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#install-boost-build
>
> "To use a different directory pass the
> --stagedir=directory
> option to b2."
>
> A few typical build command lines could be provided to help?

The same kind of argument works for address-model as well. The point for
adding the support for different target architectures to Boost.Build is
to be able to build everything in one command.

My preference is still to tag the directory. Aside from the mentioned
benefit of easier user's project management, this also makes the stage
directory more manageable. E.g. it's easier to delete or move or package
binaries that correspond to a given architecture; no need for applying
masks on file names.