Subject: Re: [boost] [fit] Mini Review (consider 1/2 or 1/4 weight)
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-20 19:47:32

On 21/03/2016 02:11, paul Fultz wrote:
>> That there are some meta-programming cases that the library is really helpful.
>
>> But this isn't something I see in library documentation
>

> Those examples are documented here:
>
> http://pfultz2.github.io/Fit/doc/html/more_examples/index.html
>
> What other cases do you see missing in the library documentation?

On that topic, one thing that really puzzled me as I was browsing the
library docs is that there are little to no motivating examples in the
reference section.

This may be my own fault, but I'm accustomed to be able to jump straight
to the reference docs for any particular class/function (without reading
much more than the basic overview of the library as a whole) and see
information on what it does and why I would want to use it.

Some of the latter are indeed provided elsewhere (such as the page you
linked above), but it would be nice if the reference pages were either
more fully fleshed out or at least included links back to the
corresponding examples.