Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.61.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-20 21:04:40

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Release candidates for 1.61.0 beta 1 are now available:
> > >
> > > http://boost.cowic.de/rc/boost_1_61_0_b1_rc1.zip
> > > http://boost.cowic.de/rc/boost_1_61_0_b1_rc1.tar.bz2
> > > http://boost.cowic.de/rc/boost_1_61_0_b1_rc1.tar.gz
> > > http://boost.cowic.de/rc/boost_1_61_0_b1_rc1.7z
> > >
> > > As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> > > the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> > > both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
> > >
> > > These packages were generated by the CI system that Rene has put
> > together,
> > > and one user-visible change is that the directory inside archive is
> > > named after git commit hash. This will be changed for the final
> release.
> > > Otherwise, these were smoke-tested on Windows and Linux, and should be
> > > functionally identical to usual packages.
> >

> > I'd like to request that we roll a 1_61_0_b2 without this change. The
> > directory structure is a big part of what we need to verify and this
> throws
> > off the build system that I've had running.
> >

> Ah.. The directory structure is the same. Only the top level dir is
> different. Could you be specific as to how it throws off your build?

My build script looks for a directory in the pattern of the build version.

It isn't the end of the world, and I could write a work-around, but I think
it would be better to have the version in the directory name that it
extracts to. It might be good, however, to include the commit id in a text
file within the build though.

Tom