Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.61.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 2
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-23 23:00:02

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Second set of release candidates for 1.61.0 beta 1 are now available:
>
> <snip>

> The changes from RC1 are:
>
> * Top-level directory in the archive matches the name

So in the past the top level directory matched what we were going to
eventually release as the beta. E.G. we would have
boost_1_XX_0_b1_rcY.tar.bz which would contain the directory
boost_1_XX_0_b1 (a similar thing for releases, without the _b1). That way
once we have found a -rcY that everyone is happy with, we just need to
re-name the archives and push them to sourceforge.

Was it intentional that the directory within is "boost_1_61_0_b1_rc2"? If
so, does that mean that we will have to do a separate build (with
changes?!?!) when we move from our last rc to the beta release?

Tom