Subject: [boost] meaning of "unify"? (was Re: [Root Pointer] Seeking a Review Manager
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-03 09:45:50

On 04/01/2016 12:25 AM, Phil Bouchard wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> - "Root Pointer" is an alternative to the long unsolved problem of
> garbage collectors which lasted for more than 70 years!
>

> - Thanks to Paul A. Bristow for his help on the generation of the
> documentation which is now available at the following link:
> http://philippeb8.github.io/root_ptr/
>
> (I apologize for the misplaced images in the rationale)

Hi Phil,

I've trying to understand the role of node_proxy. I went to:

http://philippeb8.github.io/root_ptr/index.html

then to:

http://philippeb8.github.io/root_ptr/boost/node_proxy.html

which contains:

-{--cut here--

void unify(node_proxy const & p) const;

Unification with a new node_proxy .

Parameters:

New node_proxy to unify with.

-}--cut here--

However, neither "unify" or "Unification" were links to their
definitions. The index here:

http://philippeb8.github.io/root_ptr/root_ptr/indexes/s01.html

had no entries starting with "unif". I think there should at
least be a definition of this term somewhere with an entry
in the index linking to this definition so that people like
me won't have to guess what it means.

-regards,
Larry