Subject: Re: [boost] [endian] Project not maintained
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-03 13:44:48

On 04/03/2016 06:07 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> But I'm not sure that this is a good reason to not maintain a library
> which has been accepted into Boost. We've created an expectation that
> everything in boost meets a certain standard and I'm wary of setting
> that aside for any reason. I'm sure those who recommended the
> acceptance of the library had every expectation that it would be
> maintained if accepted. Do you think that the acceptance should be
> reversed and the library withdrawn?

Let us not blow things out of proportions. Boost.Endian is very useful
even without floating-point support, and significantly better designed
that the byte-order conversions coming from SG 4.

The other issues and pull requests for Boost.Endian all appear to be
very low priority (e.g. documentation typos) so it may be too early to
claim that the library is unmaintained.