Subject: Re: [boost] Regression testing Clang/LLVM with VC14.
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-09 12:49:22
> the fact we finally can write fully standards conforming C++ 14 (sans preprocessor) for the MSVC target.
VC 2015 Update 2 doesn't support:
* C++98: Two-phase name lookup.
* C++98: Dynamic exception specifications (deprecated in C++11, and likely to be removed in a future Standard; we don't expect to ever implement this).
* C++11: Expression SFINAE support is Partial. With enough workarounds, what's supported is sufficient for result_of/function.
* C++11: C99 preprocessor rules.
* C++14: Extended constexpr.
* C++14: NSDMIs for aggregates.
Our STL is C++14 complete and was current with N4567 (pre-Jax) - with minor exceptions as described by https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/01/22/vs-2015-update-2s-stl-is-c17-so-far-feature-complete/ (e.g. without extended constexpr in the compiler, min()/max()/minmax() for initializer_list can't be constexpr).
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk