Subject: Re: [boost] [Root Pointer] New Documentation
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-10 19:39:47

On 10 Apr 2016 at 14:21, Phil Bouchard wrote:

> > (c) Describe the algorithm in much wider manner including better
> > examples, values of reference counters etc.
> > (d) Provide much wider beginner tutorial with samples
>
> It sounds like I am going to have write a book on the subject. Any
> expert is welcome to help me out because if that is the case that will
> take me some time to write down.

You might consider presenting on applications of Root Pointer at a
year's worth of C++ conferences, so submit and present at each of the
big three conferences. That will build a stock of online videos and
get people's heads wrapped around the concept behind the library.

After last summer's review of AFIO, I came to the conclusion at least
two years' worth of conference presentations would be needed before
returning here for review. I started the series last year at CppCon,
the next episode is next week at the ACCU conference where I'll be
presenting a workshop based on using AFIO v2 to implement a
distributed mutual exclusion algorithm using the filesystem. I intend
to submit a third workshop extending this further for CppCon next
September.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting