Subject: [boost] Serialize a an image with Boost & GIL
From: Visual Designer - Digital Team (digital_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-12 07:37:38

Hi,

I'm currently using boost serialization in order to save/load my data
structure. The problem is that it contains some images and even with the
ZIP compression the files are really big (4x bigger than the jpeg).

So, I'm looking for a way to compress a RGB/A image (HDR or not)
(without file operation) in memory. If possible without using any image
compression library, we already use OpenImageIO but it is not possible
for now !

Any idea ?

I have found the GIL library, but can't find how to:

1) convert raw to GIL image
2) serialize the GIL image

1) deserialize the GIL image
2) convert the GIL to raw image

Of course, the goal is to have a good compression without writing
temporary file !

Thanks

---