Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] what to do now?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-14 07:01:46

P F wrote:

> Does lightweight_test depend on something else? If so, lightweight_test
> could be moved to a separate module. This way Boost.Config would depend on
> Boost.LightweightTest and Boost.Core would depend on Boost.Config and
> Boost.LightweightTest.

lightweight_test depends on Config for BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS, used in
BOOST_TEST_THROWS. I thought about moving it to Assert, which seems like a
logical place for it, but Assert depends on Config for BOOST_LIKELY.

But, as I said, the main obstacle would be Boost.Test.

I'm not quite sure that eliminating cycles in test dependencies is worth its
while. There is no actual cycle. Config's tests depend on Core, which
depends on Config's headers, not its tests.