Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] what to do now?
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-15 14:45:04

Hello,

I am new to this list, so let me start by greeting everyone. :) I would
like to add something to this CMake discussion.

I have a project "histogram" that I am currently preparing for the Boost
Incubator. I am using the standard directory structure prescribed for
Boost, and I use CMake for the build. There is only one CMakeLists.txt
in the build directory. It is true that there is usually a top-level
CMakeLists.txt, but it does not have to be there.

I build like this

cd /path/to/build
cmake /path/to/project/build
make

...where /path/to/project is the top-level directory of the project.

In the CMakeLists.txt in /path/to/project/build, I use a relative path
to locate the source files.

add_executable(some_lib ../src/some_lib.cpp)

etc.

Best regards,
Hans Dembinski