Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.process] 0.6 Redesign
From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemens.morgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-19 04:53:00

> Same here and I believe the majority of people looking for such library
> just want to spawn processes in cross-platform contexts. (at least from
> memory of
> previous boost.process versions reviews)
>
> (BTW you may need to have a way to tell if a platform cannot launch another
> process? Not sure if a static_if or some kind of no-op would be useful)

I detect the platform via the preprocessor, i.e.
boost/system/api_config.hpp. If you include boost.process without either
posix or windows, you'll get an error, saying you have a not supported
system api.

I'd consider this the right behaviour, since I cannot start any process.
Do you have any scenario in mind, where I might want to have a no-op?