Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.process] 0.6 Redesign
From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemens.morgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-19 07:45:23

> Can Boost.Process functionality be emulated with
> std::/boost::thread+std::system()? At least partially? Maybe that would
> be a suitable fallback?

That would mean you are on a platform that is neither posix nor windows,
but has a std::system. That would simply not be supported by
boost.process, so I don't know if a fallback would make sense at all.

But, if we take a subset of boost.process to run on a third platform, it
would need more functionality than this, i.e. at least redirecting I/O
and wait/terminate. So I'd really need a use-case.