Subject: Re: [boost] CMake - one more time
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-20 12:10:06

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> d) Boost Build
> * it's almost impossible to integrate with and IDE. At one time, I had
> things setup so I could debug executables created with boost build with the
> Visual Studio IDE and debugger. But it was just too fragile and time
> consuming to keep everything in sync.

Not sure about your specific situation, but I use Visual Studio 2015
Update 2 and I have no trouble at all debugging executables built with
Boost.Build. Just choose File->Open->Project/Solution and then select
the .exe file from the bin/ directory or wherever it is.

It will create a new temporary solution and project with nothing but
the executable in it, you have to manually open files (I drag from a
separate Explorer window). But you can set breakpoints and step and
have full source code debugging.