Subject: [boost] [gsoc16] Summer of Code 2016 shall proceed after all
From: Niall Douglas (gsoc-admin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-21 10:45:59

Dear Boost,

We are very glad to announce that non-Google funding has been found
to continue the Summer of Code for the following veteran student
projects in Summer 2016:

A. Boost Document, mentored by Antony Polukhin. Veteran student:
Anurag Ghosh

https://anuragxel.github.io/boost-document/

B. Boost.Compute, mentored by Kyle Lutz. Veteran student: Jakub
Szuppe

https://boostorg.github.io/compute/

C. Boost.Http, mentored by Bjorn Reese. Veteran student: Vinícius dos
Santos Oliveira

https://boostgsoc14.github.io/boost.http/

All three of these projects shall see a Summer of Code as if it were
Google Summer of Code following the same timeline, mentor and student
stipends, and progress acceptance criteria.

Our thanks to the students and mentors for being so patient during
the organisation of this funding. This all happened very quickly and
much faster than Boost org processes normally happen - it would not
have been possible without the efforts of Jon Kalb and Bryce
Adelstein Lelbach, the latter of whom wrote up a great funding
request worth reading at https://goo.gl/7v3VMK. Thanks are also due
to the Boost Steering Committee for moving so quickly to vote on
this, and to Boris Schäling for finding sponsorship for this effort.

And finally congratulations to the veteran students!

Niall and Bryce

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2016 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2016