Subject: Re: [boost] [1.61.0] Master branch is closed
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-22 11:11:54

On 4/20/16 12:17 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Boosters,
>
> The master branch is now closed for all changes, except by permission
> from a release manager.
> Per schedule, the branch will be totally frozen on Saturday.

Yesterday I was informed by a beta tester for version 1.61 of a
regression in the master branch of the serialization library. This was
not detected by any of my tests (as far as I know. The test matrix
shows some failures, but doesn't reveal their cause). In any case it's
a very serious issue. If this is released, xml archives created with
this version may not be readable in the future.

I made a fix, tested it on the compilers I have at my disposal and
pushed the changes to the develop branch. I did this yesterday in the
hope of getting results on the develop branch test matrix so I could
merge (after getting permission) today. But it seems that since I did
the upload yesterday, no tests have been run on the develop branch. So
I'm stuck. I could merge this directly to master - and I'm willing to
do this if asked, but I would prefer to stick with my original plan.

I apologize for creating this problem. It's exactly the kind of thing
that I give other people a hard time for.

I absolutely need to get this into the master before release.

Robert Ramey