Subject: [boost] New Lib "Beast", HTTP + WebSocket protocols
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-22 13:01:26

"Beast"

This is a new library that implements the HTTP and WebSocket protocols
using Boost.Asio and a few other Boost tidbits. Here's a quick
synopsis of what's in it:

http::message:
- class template modeling the HTTP message with customization points
to satisfy even the most tough-minded reviewer.

http::read
http::write
http::async_read
http::async_write
- Free functions to easily send and receive HTTP messages. Modeled to
work exactly like boost::asio free functions. Role-agnostic, build
clients or servers!

websocket::stream
- class template wrapping any asio sync or async stream. Implements
the WebSocket protocol including the initial handshake.

Examples:
- websocket echo servers
- HTTP servers for simple websites (no cgi)

"I've heard enough, show me example code!"
http://vinniefalco.github.io/beast/beast/intro/example.html

Main page, with links to GitHub repository, HTML documentation and benchmarks:
http://vinniefalco.github.io/

Feedback welcome, the author checks email and Issues on the GitHub
repository. This project has been submitted to the Boost incubator.