Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Boost 1.61.0 Release Candidate 1
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-29 15:19:07

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> The release candidates for the 1.61.0 release are now available at:
>
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/boost_1_61_0_rc1.tar.gz

> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

I built and installed with gcc-4.7.2, gcc-4.9.1, intel-12.1.6, and intel-16.0.2 on RH Linux, everything appears to be fine. Many more warnings with Intel than Gcc.

One issue is that the gcc builds mangle the bin.v2 directory with the compiler version number, for example:

bin.v2/libs/thread/build/gcc-4.9.1/release

whereas the Intel builds do not include the version number. Seems like we should update the intel-linux.jam to behave like gcc does, so we don’t end up with, for example:

bin.v2/libs/mpi/build/intel-linux/release

Not worth holding up the release for this but perhaps we should fix for the next release as it is error prone if you’re not paying close attention and building with multiple different Intel toolsets.

—- Noel