Subject: [boost] Final benchmark graphs for Colony vs std:: containers now available
From: Soul Studios (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-02 21:40:22

Re-wrote my benchmark code from scratch a month or two ago
with some help from Baptiste Wiche,
have run over std::list, std::map, std::multiset, std::deque,
std::vector, and for GCC, Chris's segmented_tree implementation. To be
honest there's not much point comparing against segmented_tree, as the
goals are totally different (efficient random access insertion for
segtree, vs efficient unordered erasure/insertion/iteration without
pointer invalidation colony), but there was some interest last time I
wrote here.

In addition I compared against other methods for ensuring pointer/index
validity using deques and vectors, to see how those things pan out.

Graphs are available here:
http://www.plflib.org/colony.htm#benchmarks

and here:

http://www.plflib.org/stack.htm

There are also MSVC 2013 results linked to in the first paragraph of the
benchmarks. Comments are welcome, but please read the page first.
Stack performs particularly well, outperforming all alternatives in both
GCC/MSVC.