Subject: [boost] proposed new library "histogram"
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-04 18:21:08

Hi everybody,

I recently added a new library called "histogram" to the Boost
Incubator. I would like to advertise it a little here in the hope to
find a person interested in reviewing it. I hope that shameless
self-advertisement is not going against some rule of this list, but I am
sure you will let me know.

My background is in analysis of big data in the fields of particle
physics and astroparticle physics. Boost is very popular among my peers,
since it is a free, high-quality, rich, and very well maintained
collection of libraries. There is a growing number of tools to do
statistical analysis in Boost and I think this project would fit in
nicely, and fill a gap. We work with histograms a lot, so that's why my
interest came from.

I am a senior programmer in C++ and Python with 10 years of experience.
Guiding development through code reviews and tickets, as well as taking
on responsibility for continuous maintenance, are natural for me.
Naturally, I am willing to commit free time to maintain the project
should it be accepted, and do my share of the work in this community.

I put a lot of thought and effort into this project, the rationale and
my design choices are explained in the documentation, which I wrote
according to the advice given at the Boost Incubator website. The
project is feature complete from my side. What it needs now is the input
from the Boost community to round off possible edges and to make the
interface rich enough for everybody. I am good at considering the user
perspective, but I cannot anticipate everyone's needs.

In case you got interested, here are the links:

Incubator link:

http://rrsd.com/blincubator.com/bi_library/histogram-2/?gform_post_id=1582

github link:

https://github.com/HDembinski/histogram