Subject: Re: [boost] proposed new library "histogram"
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-05 11:31:51

For new libraries, there is no *requirement* to use older compilers,
just not making use of new features perversely.

If there are real improvements from using C++11 or newer,
then you can do this.

> > Also: I think you will still need to provide bjam files, because
> > that's still the way boost is built (though there has been lively
> > discussion about cmake).
> I've been following that, but I didn't notice a conclusion that the use
> of CMake is prohibited. According to the Boost Incubator, I am allowed
> to use CMake. I am not eager to write the build again using bjam, but I
> will do it if that is absolutely required.

In order to take advantage of the Boost Build system of test running machines,
you will need to provide jamfile(s) to run under b2. Ask for help.

But there are many hurdles to jump first ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse