Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Rob Stewart (rstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-16 04:19:36

On May 15, 2016 11:32:07 PM EDT, David Sankel <camior_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>A question has been brought up regarding whether or not a Boost library
>author is permitted to include a 'CMakeLists.txt' file in the root of
>the directory. This stemmed from a discussion at C++Now 2016 which
>included several members of the Boost Steering Committee and a sampling
>of the Boost community.
>
> We recommend and propose that the Boost Guidelines are modified to
>allow library authors, at their own discretion, to include a
>'CMakeLists.txt' file in their library's top-level directory.

I have no problem with the proposed change provided the normal Boost build and release processes are not affected or are changed easily enough and those maintaining those processes are willing to make the changes needed or accept changes from someone else interested in seeing this proposal succeed.

___
Rob