Subject: Re: [boost] New library? CallableTraits
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-16 16:19:42

Barrett Adair <barrettellisadair <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Louis Dionne <ldionne.2 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Barrett Adair <barrettellisadair <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > [...]
> >
> > > 3. What you like to see added, removed, renamed, or redesigned?
> >
> > Here are a few comments on the documentation and the library itself:
> >
> > - IMO, the overview should include explanations in running text rather
> > than just comments in the code. Or if you want to keep code only,
> > which might be a good idea, I would make it a bit shorter. Do not try
> > to show all the features and details of the library; this is just an
> > overview.
> >

> I've updated the introduction so that it begins with a simple, terse
> overview [1]. Is this a step in the right direction?

This is a step in the right direction, although I still find it a bit hard to
follow. I mean, I know what CallableTraits can be useful for, but for someone
that doesn't already know it, it might be better to write a tutorial-style
introduction. I'm thinking about something similar to Hana's quickstart
section [1].

Regards,
Louis

[1]: http://boostorg.github.io/hana/index.html#tutorial-quickstart