Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Jeroen Habraken (vexocide_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-16 20:58:34

On 15 May 2016 at 21:32, David Sankel <camior_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A question has been brought up regarding whether or not a Boost library
> author is permitted to include a 'CMakeLists.txt' file in the root of the
> directory. This stemmed from a discussion at C++Now 2016 which included
> several members of the Boost Steering Committee and a sampling of the Boost
> community.
>
> We recommend and propose that the Boost Guidelines are modified to
> allow library authors, at their own discretion, to include a
> 'CMakeLists.txt' file in their library's top-level directory.

I'm in favour, ignoring the discussion of which build system may be better
allowing a CMakeLists.txt to be added to the top-level directory would be
useful to a number of people, whilst inconveniencing none. There's
precedence as well, boost::statechart has shipped a .sln in the top-level
directory for years, this doesn't seem any different.

[snip]

-- David Sankel

Jeroen