Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-17 13:13:32

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 11:33:38 AM UTC-5, Rene Rivera wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Paul Fultz II <pfu..._at_[hidden]
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>

> > Cmake doesn't impose a layout, and that's the whole point. I clone hana
> and
> > then call `cmake hana` to build it using cmake. Imposing a layout such
> as
> > hiding it in some unknown directory just causes confusion.
> >

> As a not-cmake-user I don't know what you mean there. What commands do you
> invoke, precisely?

Something like this:

git clone git_at_[hidden]:boostorg/hana.git
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ../hana/
cmake --build .
cmake --build . --target check
cmake --build . --target install

This builds, tests, and installs hana. There are various ways to accomplish
this, but the first step is to point cmake to the hana directory.