Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-17 19:30:03

AMDG

  My personal opinion on the subject is that
CMake is not supported by Boost in any way,
and any support for it is strictly at the
discretion of individual library authors.
Corollary 1: There is absolutely no guarantee
of consistency across libraries and authors
might put CMakeLists.txt in other places
besides the root.
Corollary 2: I am entirely within my rights
in refusing to support CMake at all (even
if patches are provided by someone else).
  If we're going to have any guidelines
about where CMakeLists.txt should live,
then I support the position that it should
be in the same place as the corresponding
Jamfiles.
  Regarding Vladimir's (facetious) suggestion
that we should move Jamfiles to the root as
well, I think that having a top-level Jamfile
which would just call into the subdirectories
would be completely reasonable, if we intend
to distribute libraries independently of
the superproject. The use of build/ was
really designed with the idea that the main
user entry point for building is the
superproject's Jamroot.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe