Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-19 18:09:45

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:39:33 PM UTC-5, Jeff Trull wrote:

> One more vote for "allow CMakeLists.txt in the places we allow Jamfiles".

To be clear, this is a vote to maintain status quo, as the guideline do
allow
cmake files to be where bjam files are(like in the build/ directory). What
we
are proposing is in addition to this, allow a cmake file to exists in the
top-
level of a library's repo.

There is already library's that do this(such as hana and compute), so there
hasn't been a technical problem with the tooling. However, we would like the
wording in the guidelines to state in a more explicit manner that this is
acceptable in order to avoid possible future problems.

> Let the bigger questions be addressed separately.

What bigger question?