Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-20 04:31:54

On 20 May 2016 at 07:35, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think the reference to modularization in Debian is slightly misleading.
> Each component with separately compiled libraries become a separate package.
> The header-only libraries are all inside a single package, libboost-dev or
> something like that. It's not like you can separately install boost.any

It really doesn't matter if you can separately install boost.any or
not. Most of the pain comes from binaries - especially for people who
don't really care or want to know about boost. Downloading some
headers and adding to the include path is easy enough for a developer,
and unnecessary for a user, who only needs the binaries.