Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-20 07:13:21

> On May 19, 2016, at 10:33 PM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Rob Stewart wrote:
>
>> cget could take the subdirectory as an argument and use it after untarring, etc.

Yes, cget could add an argument like `--subdir` to invoke a subdirectory. Of course, an argument would apply to all packages on the command line, so the user would need to install boost libraries separate from other dependencies. I don’t know if this is best idea to even support it as it could cause confusion with users as well, and the need is quite uncommon.

> No, because of its automatic dependency retrieval. Packages need to follow an uniform convention.

Well arguments can be added to the dependency list. The user will need to specify those arguments everytime they want to list a boost dependency.