Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Evolution
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-20 08:32:59

On 19 May 2016 at 15:11, Robert Ramey wrote:

> This is why I think Naill's approach, difficulties resulted in so much
> frustration. It pains me because I know he's worked hard on trying to
> make changes. But on the other hand - look at eh GSOC program. It
> seems to me he took more of the bottom up approach and was a lot more
> successful at it. This is really what I mean.

I don't invest my charity time on things not supported by a network
of others - otherwise you just build ivory towers no one else is
interested in. You need collective buy in to achieve change.

Boost GSoC is supported by a ton of people who made everything I've
achieved as lead admin possible. We've also seen substantial buy in
from the Steering Committee who have spent a LOT of money on GSoC.
That's what made that possible, not some "bottom up approach" - on my
work there I have been very amply supported by others.

For making Boost great again I keep coming back to the fact that some
*group* - not me or you or anybody individually - with the recognised
authority to decide on global strategy needs to make a decision. That
group is the Boost Steering Committee.

(whom, just to be clear, cannot act on anything without someone
submitting a formal proposal. So a formal proposal needs to be sent
to boost-steering, and they'll vote on it next meeting)

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/