Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-21 09:23:25

> > I presented a plan for how to technically transition to a C++ 14 only
> > Boost 2.0 at my C++ Now 2015 presentation:
> >
> > https://goo.gl/VFFXUl
> >
> > The talk was well attended, and by much of the more senior Boost
> > community members.

What does it mean 'a library is C++14 only'?

Does that mean I'm allowed to use only features which have been added by
C++14?
Or does that mean a library is allowed to use all features defined in the
C++14 standard?

If the former, then am I still allowed to use 'int' and 'for'?
If the latter, Boost is already C++14 only (afaict, no library uses C++17
features yet).

Go figure. So let's drop this nonsense of declaring something C++14 only.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu