Subject: Re: [boost] b2 looks for tools/inspect/build/Jamfile
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-21 16:49:08

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> >> I seem to recall that someone (Beman maybe?) used inspect in his test
> >> Jamfile.
> >
> > No, it's probably this part of Jamroot:
> >
> > if [ path.exists $(BOOST_ROOT)/tools/inspect ]
> > {
> > use-project /boost/tools/inspect : tools/inspect/build ;
> > }
> >
> > tools/inspect does exist as an empty directory in a freshly cloned
> > superproject. This should probably be
> >
> > if [ path.exists $(BOOST_ROOT)/tools/inspect/build ]
>
> Fair enough; I've pushed such a change to develop - could you give it a
> try?

Seems to work now, thanks.

I'm setting up Travis/Appveyor and trying to keep the submodules to the
minimum necessary:

https://github.com/boostorg/core/blob/develop/.travis.yml

which is how I spotted it.

There's one additional problem, Boost.Build requires Boost.Config to be
present:

error: Could not find a Jamfile in directory
'libs/config/checks/architecture'.

This is mostly theoretical, because the only library that doesn't need
Config anyway is Predef, but it still feels a bit wrong. :-)