Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-22 09:27:29

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Norbert Wenzel
<norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> But any new library that requires C++14 is of no use to our company

What about C++11? The difference between C++14 and C++11 is not that
large. As a sole programmer maintaining a library offering, it wasn't
too much trouble for me to restrict myself to C++11. Simply rewriting
lambdas taking auto parameters into hand rolled classes, and not using
library conveniences like std::enable_if_t was sufficient. But
supporting anything before C++11 would require a rather large increase
in the amount of change and maintenance, and more resources than I
have available to devote to the project.

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Thijs (M.A.) van den Berg
<thijs_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If the devices are network attached then this sounds like a great usecase for testing the beast http boost library?

Note that Beast requires C++11 (see
http://vinniefalco.github.io/beast/beast/intro/requirements.html)