Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Karen Shaeffer (shaeffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-22 10:40:29

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 06:53:36PM +1000, Vladimir Batov wrote:
> On 2016-05-22 18:15, degski wrote:
> >On 22 May 2016 at 10:53, Rainer Deyke <rainerd_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> >>I like to think I'm more up to date than the average C++ user. ... The
> >>gcc that comes with my operating system is version 4.8, which predates
> >>C++
> >>14.
> >
> >LOL - That was really really funny...
>
> What's so funny?.. That he is a s/w professional running LTS Ubuntu (which
> does have gcc-4.8) and developing real applications for real companies?

Hello Vladimir,

Just to put this into perspective:

Ubuntu 16.4 is an LTS release that uses g++-5.3.x. You can also install
clang/llvm with apt-get to have access to two c++14 compilers, with no
customization effort required.

enjoy,
Karen

--
Karen Shaeffer                 Be aware: If you see an obstacle in your path,
Neuralscape Services           that obstacle is your path.        Zen proverb