Subject: Re: [boost] What C++14/1z standard or TS libraries would you like to have available on a C++11 compiler?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-22 13:06:24

Le 22/05/2016 à 18:06, Peter Dimov a écrit :
> Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>
>> VBE* N3658 - Compile-time integer sequences
>
> Many implementations are available, but if you need one you can lift
> without any changes at all,
>
> https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/blob/master/include/boost/integer_sequence.hpp
>
> https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/blob/master/test/integer_sequence.cpp
>
> I think that we probably should put it into type_traits.
I know of valid implementations. I would like to have them in Boost.

>> N3656 - make_unique
>
> This is already in smart_ptr, I think.
Right.

>> P0033R1 Re-enabling shared_from_this
>
> So is this.
Right.

>> Changes to std::shared_ptr and weak_ptr
>
> And this.
Right.

I would like to reduce dependencies to Boost libraries as much as possible.

When the new feature can be implemented only if we have already an
implementation of some parts of the standard library this needs
evidently much more work. E.g. changing the constexpr of some member
functions, ...

This is way I'm not interested on working on these features as part of
Boost.StdExtensions. I'm interested in working on the new features that
can be added on top of a C++11 version?

Boost.StdExtensions could be in someway similar to Boost.TR1. But I
would like to reduce the dependencies to Boost.

Boost.StdExtensions would contain only features that have been approved
in a C++ standard version but that are not delivered by the standard
library associated to the compiler version.

Vicente