Subject: Re: [boost] What C++14/1z standard or TS libraries would you like to have available on a C++11 compiler?
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-22 20:33:02

> On May 22, 2016, at 10:40 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have your feedback on C++ standard library features you would like to have available for a C++11 compiler.
>
> The idea would be to present a Boost.StdExtensions library that would provide some of these features for review with some of these features.

I think it would be nice to have C++14 and C++1z missing items in boost, but I think putting all into one monster library is a bad idea.

Also, libraries may evolve beyond the standard. For example, the library could provide C++14 integral constant, but it could also provide the operators for it as well, which could be standardized later. This is another reason, it may make sense to split this into smaller libraries.