Subject: Re: [boost] Having problems installing mysql 5.7.12 with boost ELF 32 bit, wrong ELF Class
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-25 02:24:59

On 24/05/2016 22:13, Mariano Apilado wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when compiling mysql-5.7.12 on Nexenta 4.0.4 OS ( Formerly known as Open Solaris / Illumos ). How do I fix the compile options or get the necessary files required to make the compile successful?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Mariano
>
> The files libboost_system.so and libboost_chrono.so are the wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32.

Mariano,

I'd recommend that you build Boost as 64-bit library, using:

        b2 architecture=x86 address-model=64 <options you already used>

(The architecture= should not be needed in current version, but it was needed 1.59 if
I remember correctly).

You can check that the produced libraries are indeed 64-bit by using the readelf tool,
e.g.

     readelf -h libboost_system.so

It should report "Class: ELF64" pretty much at the start.

HTH,

--
Vladimir Prus
http://vladimirprus.com