Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Test][Boot.Timer v2] header only boost.test conflicts with Boot.Timer V2
From: Jamie Allsop (ja11sop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-29 21:45:04

On 29/05/16 17:04, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> Le 29/05/16 à 08:59, Tan, Tom (Shanghai) a écrit :
>> This following simple snippet would yield an error with visual studio
>> 2015 for both boost1.60.61:
>>
>> boost/timer/timer.hpp(32): error C2757: 'timer': a symbol with this
>> name already exists and therefore this name cannot be used as a
>> namespace name
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> It looks like Boost.Test is relying on boost.timer v1, which is
>> deprecated in documentation and conflict with V2.
>>

> Hi,
>
> This is a known issue:
> - https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/9434
> - https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7397
> - http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/10/207072.php
> - http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2015/01/219127.php

And after going through the pain of trying to make this a run time
option (other boost dependencies still saw this break) I actually think
the original patch is the best way to deal with this "now" as it relied
(as I recall) on using a #define to choose the correct Boost.Timer.

Such an approach seems fairly standard in boost after-all.
Jamie