Subject: [boost] A retrospect on 'CMakeLists.txt' policy review
From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-01 01:02:22

Hello all,

I wanted to thank everyone who participated in the CMakeLists.txt and
related threads. I'm sorry I wasn't able to participate all the way
through, but I found the majority of the posts to be civil and constructive
(some of my own heated posts being notable exceptions).

Here is my take away. No one is arguing that the current guidelines
disallow authors from placing a CMakeLists.txt in the root of their
library's directory. Some pointed out drawbacks of placing them there and
recommended 'build/' or 'CMake/' instead. Others saw value in having
CMakeLists.txt in the root directory, but felt these should be short
wrappers where the real work is done in the 'build/' directory.

Louis and Paul, I know you felt it important for your gitHub distribution
to have 'CMakeLists.txt' in the root directory as is typical for CMake
projects. Does this result satisfy your concerns?

-- David Sankel