Subject: Re: [boost] A retrospect on 'CMakeLists.txt' policy review
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-01 10:02:43

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Michael Caisse <mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 6/1/16 01:29, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 1 June 2016 11:28:12 MSK David
>> Sankel wrote:
>>

>>> Here is my take away. No one is arguing that the
>>>
>> current guidelines
>>
>>> disallow authors from placing a CMakeLists.txt in the
>>>
>> root of their
>>
>>> library's directory.
>>>

>> I think Rene said that this was not prohibited multiple
>> times in the discussion.
>>

> We are having this discussion because there might have been confusion on
> what Rene meant here:

I don't think that's the only reason we are having that discussion ;-)
But..

<http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2016/04/229030.php>

Perhaps I should have been more clear at that time :-\ I wasn't trying to
exclude the latter part of the statement I quoted. I was trying to clarify
that it's a requirement to have build/CMakeLists.txt (or build/makefile, or
build/vs2012.prj, or build/SConstruct, etc) as opposed to a recommendation.
Which I think I made clear at some point in the conversation currently in
question.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything