Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in std::get for PODs
From: Krzysztof Jusiak (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-03 11:34:03

On 06/03/2016 01:27 AM, Antony Polukhin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's a C++14 library that is able to do basic reflections for PODs
> without any macro magic or markup: https://github.com/apolukhin/magic_get
>
> Would it be interesting for Boost? Could it pass Boost review if it has a
> reinterpret_cast in it?

I think library like that will be quite useful, especially for
serialization purposes.
Maybe it could be somehow integrated with boost.serialization so it would
be much easier
to serialize PODs in it?

I have actually been using similar, however, less sophisticated approach,
when I was implementing
a serialization extension for proposed boost.di, so that one could
serialize whole application tree
without any macros or changes, which is always a good thing, I guess.

You can check it out here.
http://boost-experimental.github.io/di/extensions/index.html#serialize

My approach is not as complete as yours as it's just a DI
extensions/showcase.
However, I find it quite useufl, so maybe my silly solution could be
potenially
replaced by the proposed library.

Cheers, Kris