Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in std::get for PODs
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-03 16:01:18

Le 03/06/2016 à 14:40, Oswin Krause a écrit :
> Hi,
>

>> What are the practical benefits of being able to access PODS by index
>> as opposed to using a tuple instead ?
>
> names with a proper semantic are a huge plus compared to tuples. Such
> a structure could be helpful in serializing simple data structures
> automatically.
I would add that threre are existing PODs types in any application. With
this library you can have comparison, streaming, hash and any function
working heterogeneous containers almost for free.

There is something that I would like the library make easier: opt-in for
a tuple-like access in addition to a flat_tuple-like access.

Vicente