Subject: Re: [boost] Cxx dual library
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-04 09:15:24

On 3 Jun 2016 at 20:18, Edward Diener wrote:

> > I'll remind the list of my non-macro alternative to this macro-based
> > approach which has been in production use since 2014 and which I
> > presented at C++ Now 2015. It can be found within
> > https://github.com/ned14/boost-lite.
>
> I could never understand your documentation or else I might have tried
> to compare CXXD to what you have done in my doc.

Is not the Readme on the front of the github for
https://github.com/ned14/boost-lite not clear?

If you do write a small program using both CXXD and boost-lite you'll
surely notice the many APIs not covered by boost-lite e.g. all of
<tuple>. My coverage is extremely conservative and incomplete to
prevent interop surprises. My approach also only works for C++ 11
compilers, I deliberately exclude 03 usage so things like move
construction don't surprise.

Nevertheless, it provides everything I need for my own libraries to
dispense with the mandatory Boost dependency, which is its primary
purpose. You're attempting something much more ambitious in CXXD.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/