Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Changes needed for VC++ 2015 Update 3?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-08 14:33:21

John Maddock wrote:

> If it's predominantly a single library issue, then a BOOST_WORKAROUND
> should do it? But yes we should definitely enable the new features.

We already have BOOST_CONSTEXPR_OR_CONST and BOOST_STATIC_CONSTEXPR which
are supposed to be used in these cases (statically initializing variables) -
as opposed to BOOST_CONSTEXPR which covers the other constexpr meaning
(functions evaluated at compile time).

Although things are probably made worse by the fact that MSVC does
initialize statically literal types, just not non-literals with a
user-defined constexpr constructor (if I'm not mistaken).