Subject: Re: [boost] enabling constexpr with Visual studio 2015 Update 3 (RC)
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-11 12:06:09

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Glen Fernandes <glen.fernandes_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> > Do I need to also add #define BOOST_CXX14_CONSTEXPR in my program or
> elsewhere?
> > (Doing this doesn't change BOOST_CONSTEXPR_OR_CONST from const to
> constexpr)
> >

> In develop, you have the option of defining BOOST_MSVC_CXX11_CONSTEXPR.

+1.

You might want to read the thread "[config] Changes needed for VC++ 2015
Update 3?" if you have not already done so.

Please file a MSVC bug report if you hit any C++11 constexpr bugs in the
Update 3 RC. They giving very high priority to C++11 bugs affecting Boost
code. They would like us to be able to turn BOOST_NO_CXX11_CONSTEXPR off
for Update 3.

--Beman