Subject: Re: [boost] Book
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-18 01:42:33

On 18 June 2016 at 02:57, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've attached an epub version of my "book".

Thanks, I'll certainly will read it.

> You should be able to just click on it and have the apple book reader
> popup and then be able to read it.

I've tried your advice, but it doesn't work ;-).

> The apple book reader has some interesting features.

For the few here on Winhoze, a good (light-weight, unlike Calibre)
epub-reader can be downloaded for free at
http://www.stdutility.com/stduviewer.html . Just for clarity, I have
nothing to do with this company/organisation. It is well maintained and
regularly updated.

>From the introduction:

STDU Viewer is a free viewer for multiple file formats. The goal of this
software is to replace the multiple document viewers with a single one
simple application. STDU Viewer supports TIFF, PDF, DjVu, XPS, JBIG2, WWF
document formats. These are the most popular formats for scientific and
technical documentation.

Additionally STDU Viewer supports FB2, TXT, Comic Book Archive (CBR or
CBZ), TCR, PalmDoc(PDB), MOBI, AZW, EPub, DCX and image (BMP, PCX, JPEG,
GIF, PNG, WMF, EMF, PSD) files.

Have a good day,

degski